Friday, April 29, 2016

Storytelling Week 14:

Dear Diary:
There is a frog in my bed. I repeat, there is a FROG in my BED. And, I'm not allowed to move it! This is so stupid. And all because I dropped my ball in some water. You see, I was playing with my ball, you know the gold one that I love, and I dropped it and it just happened to fall into the deep, murky water. I was devastated, and this frog asked me what was wrong. I told it and it said it would fetch the ball under some conditions. I was desperate for my ball so of course I said yes (I barely even heard what he asked for). He brought it to me and I ran home elated. Then at dinner, I heard that dreaded awful sound. A plosh-plosh and then a knock at the door. There that darned frog was expecting his repayment. I tried to just push him away, but papa forced me to let him in. Then, as I had so stupidly promised, I had to let him sit next to me and eat off of my plate. After all of that, I then had to bring him upstairs and put him to sleep on MY pillow. Ugh, this is so frustrating! Well, I guess I better try to get some sleep anyway. I better not get warts from this darned frog!


Dear Diary:
I was so excited when that frog left this morning! I thought my problems were over as he was gone all day! But then, at dinner, I heard that plosh-plosh and then a knock at the door. That stupid frog was back and we did everything all over again. Here's hoping he leaves tomorrow and never comes back! Goodnight for now.

Dear Diary:
Well, it was round three today. Once again that frog left in the morning and I was tentatively happy. But at dinner there was that plosh-plosh and then a knock at the door. I really hope this does not last much longer. I am starting to wish I had left the precious gold ball behind. Goodnight.

Dear Diary:
Oh my goodness gracious, you would never guess what happened today! That stupid frog woke up this morning and transformed into a hunky prince. He told me that he had been under a spell and my letting him stay the three nights broke it. We are going to his KINGDOM tomorrow to be wed. I'm going to be a princess! Papa is so pleased and I cannot wait to live in a magnificent castle with the prince of my dreams. I am leaving this diary behind so that others can learn our wonderful story. But now, I am off to marry a prince!



Author's Note: I wrote this series of diary entries based on the story The Frog Prince. I really love the story and decided that it would make for really funny diary entries from the princess's perspective. I also liked the idea of her leaving the diary behind when she starts her new life. She is just conceited enough to want her story everywhere. The plot of this story runs rather parallel to the original story, this was more a change of format than a change of anything plot related. I hope you enjoy my rendition of The Frog Prince.

Bibliography: This story is based off of The Frog Prince from Fairy Tales by the Brother's Grimm. Because this is a collection of stories by Project Gutenberg, there is no reported author to credit.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Eryn,

    This was such an awesome story to sit down and read. I really enjoyed it. It was very well written and developed through your storytelling strategy. All of the changes you made from the original source to your version of the story were very well done! The description you used was phenomenal! You did a great job, enjoy the summer, and good luck on your Finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eryn,

    I liked your story! I'll never complain about a story that ends in happily ever after. I also liked how you had multiple diary entries for the story instead of one long one. One thing that I think you could add is to have the girls slowly be nicer to the frog which makes the frog/prince end up liking her and that's why he wants to marry her. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete